Friday, December 5, 2008

Sleeping like a baby......

Today I was able to put Jayden and Madelyn down together again for a nap. I decided to work on painting in my bedroom (floor boards-I'm almost through with this room). As I was listening for Madelyn to fall asleep. I heard a slight bump and a little fuss but no cry. She did not cry at all when going down for this nap (I think swinging outside in the sunshine for 30 minutes with her brother helped to wear her out). After hearing silence for several minutes, I decided to take a peek into her nursery.

I was very fearful to see Madelyn slumped forward into the crib railing in the seated position. As I approached her from her back, she did not not move even with the sound of me entering her room. She was sitting facing the wall with both legs through the railings and her head resting against the railing. I was fearful that her head was stuck in the railings for some reason (even though she couldn't possible fit her head through the railings). When I reached for her she just seemed to lean back into my arms and slightly opened her eyes and then fell fast asleep.

The expression "Sleep like a baby", really fit her perfectly today.

No comments: