Wednesday, February 25, 2009

New Milestones in the Wilder Home

Madelyn is now able to wave and say bye bye and hi. She eats almost anything now. And is currently drinking whole milk from a regular cup at meal and snack times. I have given up on the sippee cup for now. Trying to get her ready to be on whole milk fulltime when I leave to help Kristin with her delivery.

It is so fun to see her little mind ticking when she is asked to pick up a specific toy. For instance, I say "Where is your baby, Mady?" and she looks around the living room and walks to her baby doll and picks it up with a squeal and pats it's back. She is so funny. Her favorite thing is to run from you when it is diaper time or medicine time. But she stops a few yards away to see if you are chasing her.

Jayden is getting to be such a big boy! Enjoying art and crafts projects more and more. Today we painted a wooden bird feeder/house. He learned how to hold the paintbrush correctly and did a great job with painting only one side of the house at a time. We painted it a variety of colors. He also is taking an interest in chores now. His favorite chore is to help with the dust pan and hand broom as I am sweeping piles of dirt in the kitchen. He struggles but gets about half of the dirt onto the dust pan. It is so cute. He doesn't want much assistance anymore, even when trying something new. EVERYTHING is "I wanna do it, Mommy!

No comments: