Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Snow Snow Snow.....and a missing ring.

Jayden was so excited when we woke him up on Sunday from his nap to go out and play in the snow. We got about 5-6 inches in Simpsonville. That is the most I have ever seen here in SC since moving here in 2004. Jayden was anticipating making a snowman all winter. So we went out and built the first snowman on Sunday afternoon.


Then we lost electricity from Sunday night around 7:30 pm until Monday 11 am. It was kind of a cold night and we didn't sleep well with dogs barking next door and Jayden waking from the cold at 5:30 am. The next day our good friends invited us over for coffee and to store our frozen food in their freezer until our power returned. Also Karla, sweetly offered us her apartment to keep warm and stay until we had power return. It was so nice to have family/friends that cared enough to offer their home and food as a safe haven. It isn't easy when you loose power with little ones.

We had a great time with our friends and while at their house, we recieved a call from our neighbor that the power was restored. Once returning home, Jayden and I worked on building our second snowman....This one was a lot more fun but messier, due to the swamp in our back yard (two days of ran prior to snow turned our backyard into a big mud puddle).


Last night, after falling asleep on the couch, I made it to bed with a quick face wash and teeth brushing. Once in bed, I noticed my diamond ring was missing. All of a sudden I panicked. Only my wedding band was on my finger. I could not remember when I last had seen my ring. I rushed down to Josie and we began searching for my engagement ring. We searched the living room, laundry area, washer/dryer, bathroom and then I began praying. All of a sudden, I remember that my fingers were so cold during the day because of the lack of heat in the morning hours and then building a snowman. I knew that my fingers shrink when I'm in cold weather. I asked Josie to help me sort through all the wet clothing from our snow play time. He peeled the gloves off the deck that were wet and frozen. It was hard to check them because they were so frozen hard. Praise God, inside the ring finger of the frozen glove was my diamond ring. We were so happy to see it on my finger again. What an end to the day. Never a dull moment in the Wilder home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooo so glad you guys found the ring! The snowmen were so cute!