It is so funny how a pregnant woman feels that so many things need to be taken care of before the birth of a baby. I am trying to balance between deep cleaning of hard to reach areas and special time with Jayden and Madelyn. I guess the hormones make you kind of insane with details.
Today I had to drop off some clothes at a consignment store, vacuum out my van, scrub my bathroom from top to bottom and do several loads of laundry....But the best part of my day was stopping at the park to let Jayden and Madelyn climb, hang, slide, jump, and swing on the playground equipment. I was so happy that I stopped without planning that part of my day because we had so much fun for the hour that we spent there...And the best news was that my son was able to go potty at the restrooms without having a major accident in his pull-up. I know it sounds crazy but sometimes I feel like this potty training business consumes my life. On the days where he is successful, I feel like it is a major pick me up. He was rewarded with a Thomas the Train movie from our library. I have been borrowing about 5 movies a week from our library (2 of which he picks out for his potty rewards). This is a good motivator but ultimately I have to catch him in the act because he doesn't come and verbally tell me before his accidents. He keeps me busy guessing when that moment is going to happen.....Ugggg....I can't wait until he is independent with this part of his development.
Christmas Parade
12 years ago


1 comment:
Keep up the good work, mama! The potty training thing will happen and before you know it, you'll be hearing "MOoooommmm, I'm DONE!!!!"
-jo
Post a Comment