Sunday, July 26, 2009

Play Day

Today we decided to stay home from church. I had a good bit of contractions last night and was not feeling up to going anywhere today. Since we only have a couple days left until the baby arrives, we decided to spend some time playing with Jayden and Madelyn. We spent the morning playing T-ball, fingerpainting, playing Hide and Go Seek, doing puzzles, and jumping from pillow to pillow with pretend play in the living room. The kids loved all the fun games and just getting undivided attention from Josie and I together. It was nice to have Josie hear to help with the physical aspect of play. I was able to sit on a lawn chair and push Madelyn on the swing forever while Josie taught Jayden how to swing the bat and proper stance for his new T-ball set. It was rather cool in the morning with a nice breeze in the shade but heated up to the 90s by mid-afternoon.
My favorite new thing that Madelyn is saying is "Cuddle?". When I am sitting on the couch, she attempts to crawl up next to me and ask if she can cuddle with me....it is the sweetest thing.

No comments: