Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I have so many things to be thankful for. I am so excited to share the day with my family and my sister Karla. She is helping with the spread (Turkey, Cornbread Stuffing, Cranberry dressing, Sweet Potato Casserole, Greenbean casserole, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread, Pumpkin Pie with Cool Whip. Afterwards, I am sure we will watch some football....GO COWBOYS

New things in the Wilder home: I have been busy with Christmas shopping, baking pumpkin pie, pumpkin cobler, wrapping presents, painting our Master bedroom (color-Spa), and chasing Madelyn.
Oh I didn't tell you the good news. She is now able to crawl forward....Wow she is fast. On Friday she took a few crawls forward and Saturday she was all over the room. Today she pulled to stand by herself on the edge of the couch. I can't believe how much she gets around. She follows Jayden everywhere and is beginning to call for him.
Jayden learned to play Memory cards today. I pulled out Bob the Builder Memory game, not sure if he understood matching pairs. After Mommy's turn he quickly jumped in and picked up cards eager to find a match. He was able to make a few matches with only eight cards on the table. His Mommy was very impressed :-)

Jayden is very excited to see his Aunt Kristin and Uncle Matt on Friday. They are in Atlanta currently with Matt's parents. We are excited to see her pregnant belly, and are very excited to here that she is having a little baby boy.....Yeah Congrats Kristin and Matt. You are going to be great parents!
Jayden made a Turkey with each feather listing something that he was thankful for. I asked him to tell me things that he was thankful for as he colored the feathers. Here is the list: Grandparents, Dan and Nicollette (next door neighbors/friends), Mommy and Daddy, Mady, his ear, his hair, friend-Sammy and Jonah, Alisa and Justin, & Elmo, Ernie and his duckie. What a list. I am so happy to have a son that is so thankful.

Jayden
Origin: Spanish
Meaning: Green stone, thankful

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving. Sounds like quite a spread you guys had! Man Maddy is a mover!