Thursday, November 6, 2008

New Milestones in the Wilder Home

Madelyn is growing so fast. She now weighs 18 1/2 lbs. She is wearing the same size diapers as Jayden. She is very active and is now crawling from one end of the living room to the other. It is a modified crawl, but she has perfected backward crawling. She does not like to roll, so she transitions from her belly to all fours and then scoots backwards into sitting. Mady pulls up on toy bins to pull a toy out. She is able to maintain half-kneeling for a few seconds while holding onto the toy bin. She is also learning to push up on hands and feet with her bottom up in the air. Not sure where she thinks she is going. I'm hoping she is not trying to walk (I'm not ready for that). Madelyn's favorite thing to do is clap and say yeah. She loves when you clap with her especially to any music. She has started to say duh duh duh to a musical toy, keeping with it's beat. She makes the following sounds, b/d/t/, ma ma, da da. She has just began to mix the sounds saying baba, dada, mama, tttt. It is so cute. I think she thinks that I understand what she is saying. She loves to bang two toys together and is starting

Jayden is talking up a storm. He is able to ride a tricycle down the street, steering correctly and making turn arounds. He is able to jump forward on two feet and climbs everything. He loves to stack objects and also likes to build with Legos. He sorts all the colors and is able to say his colors. He counts to ten independently and attempts to count to 20 (missing a few along the way). He likes to work on puzzles with the alphabet. He is starting to put together interlocking puzzles. His favorite things are Mickey Mouse, soft blankets, sucking his finger while holding his shirt with the other hand, Winnie the Pooh, painting with finger paints, Elmo/Sesame Street workbench toy, riding his bike, taking baths with Mickey Mouse bubbles, and climbing on the swing set.

As for me, my new milestones this past month are having completed two bathrooms with new paint, caulking and re-painted the trim. I am currently choosing a color for our Master bedroom. I am excited but having a hard decision with picking the perfect color. I guess I am worried about having to repaint if I don't like the color. The ceilings are very high in our bedroom so this will be my biggest room to paint in the house so far. In the two years that we have lived here, I have painted our front door, Jayden's nursery (now Madelyn's room), Jayden's toddler bedroom, the kitchen (with Karla's help), the dining room (with Karla's help), all three bathroooms, and trim work throughout the house. Wow, I am almost through painting after this Master bedroom is complete.

No comments: