As I was getting Jayden ready for his bath today, he turned to me and said "I love you Mommy" as he hugged me. I melted. I think this is the first time he initiated saying I love you. And then after a hug, he asked "Are you happy Mommy"? I responded with a huge smile and explained that I was very happy because I was with my son, daughter and husband during their bath time. I can't believe how much he is able to communicate. I think bath time is Jayden's favorite part of the day. Jayden and Daddy use this time to reflect on what it is that they enjoyed about their day.
On Sunday evening, Jayden sat at the kitchen table, watching his Daddy prepare a meal. He pulled his finger out of his mouth can't break the habit of him sucking his 1st finger) and said "What are you making for dinner Daddy? Josie and I almost fell over. We can't get over the fact that he is asking us questions and starting conversations. It seems like just yesterday when we were probing him to use one or two word phrases to make his requests known. How fast they grow.....
No comments:
Post a Comment