What are the chances! Jayden has been miserable since Friday with fevers and coughing. Last night we took him to Doctors Care. They said that he had a virus and would just have to work through it. This morning he complained of left ear pain. After a couple of hours of being awake and very irritable, Mommy finally noticed the drainage coming out of his ear and down his neck. I called the pediatrician and they wanted to see him.
Thank goodness I took Madelyn too. She woke up with a fever this morning and began coughing as well. The pediatrician examed them both through many tears and mommy attempting to hold two children while the peditrician explained treatments for the kiddos. Both Madelyn and Jayden have bacterial ear infections. He placed them on antibiotics and sent us on our way.....
I am so happy to have been able to stay at home with them and allow them the time for resting. Jayden took a four hour nap and Madelyn a two hour nap...which left Mommy with some time to catch up on cleaning and laundry which were neglected while attempting to give them Motrin and Tylenol and check temperatures around the clock.
Oh and Madelyn has two new teeth (upper front) coming through. Bless her heart, she has been on Motrin for pain with teeth and now has a horrible cold and ear infections. Thank God we can rely on a wonderful pediatrician who fit us into his schedule on a moments notice today.
Above are some pics of Madelyn after her nap. The last picture was of Madelyn walking even though I didn't get her legs. Yeah she is taking steps by herself. Daddy got to see four in a row tonight after work....I know she looks very content....this lasted for 20 minutes but it was a blessed 20 minutes to my day.
I love being a Mommy


2 comments:
Oh, no! Poor kiddos. I hope they feel better soon. Little Diane looks so cute in the pics. I can't believe she's walking! We're still working on crawling but I'm secretly loving every minute that he remains in one place :)
ooo so glad you were able to get them in! I sure hope they start feeling better soon! Congrats to miss M for walking!!
Post a Comment