Friday, January 30, 2009

Walmart

Today was our Walmart day...I packed the kids up and headed there early enough to beat the crowds. Madelyn and Jayden were in great spirits and they for some reason love to go to Walmart.

I could not believe how long it takes to shop for our long Walmart list. Often when needing to restock on child items and pantry items, Josie will go with the list and I stay home with the kids because I get so sidetracked in this store.

I knew he wanted to pressure wash the fence and deck this weekend, so I thought that it wouldn't be bad for us to cruise on over there....I couldn't believe it took me two hours in that store. By the time we arrived home and I unloaded the van with kids and groceries and got the cold stuff put up it was 11:30. Madelyn totally missed her morning nap and it was time to start getting lunch together.

Thank God I have a husband who is willing to take this chore off my hands every once in a while. I can not imagine being a single mother. I am not fond of a two hour grocery run that costs 196 dollars.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That is why I have given up Walmart. I always came home with way more than I planned on buying and I spent over an hour each time. .